- No show or early departure forfeits 100% of total stay.
- Cancellations 0 to 14 days prior forfeit 100% of total stay.
- Cancellations 15 to 28 days prior forfeit 50% of total stay.
- Cancellations in excess of 28 days prior will incur a 10% administration fee to cover banking and handling charges.
- Please note: During our summer season, where we are mostly fully booked, we will always release a room in the hope that it resells. If it does, we shall waiver applicable cancellation fees. If it does not, then full cancellation fees will apply as we have more often than not, turned other enquiries away. Thank you for your understanding.
Check-in & Check out Times
- Our Check-in is at 14:00 and Check-out at 11:00
- We do try to accommodate early check-ins and late check-outs where we can, but we have a large amount of one night stays and therefore need the time to change over rooms.
- We welcome and love children of all ages.
- Age 0 to 6 free when sharing with parents.
- Age 7 to 10, 25% of rack room rate including breakfast when sharing with parents.
- Older than 10, we recommend reserving the family cottage/family suite or inter-leading rooms.
- There is a single sofa bed, ideal for children up to 10yrs of age, and space for a cot in each luxury room.
- There is space for a cot in the Honeymoon Suite, but no sofa bed.
- Our existing Family Cottage has 2 extended length single beds in an upstairs loft area with an extended length king for parents downstairs. There is a flat rate for this room based on 2 adults and 2 children (of any age).
- Our Family Suite accommodates 2 adults and up to 4 children (of any age) in two separate bedrooms. There is a flat rate for this room too.
- Please note that we have one antique wooden and one modern camper cot. Please ensure that these are pre-booked if required.
- We require a 50% deposit from guests to secure a reservation and full and final settlement 30 days before date of travel.
- We are prepared to hold reservations for tour operators until full and final payment is affected 30 days before guest’s arrival, unless alternative payment arrangements have been made and agreed upon by both parties.
- The Dinner, Bed and Breakfast rates include dinner for 2 adults in a double room booking and 1 adult in a single room booking for food only. Drinks & Gratuities are an additional charge and may be paid on check out.
- Please kindly ensure that we are made aware of any dietary requirements, allergies or special requests before arrival so that we can plan & prepare accordingly.
- Children’s meals are charged additionally based on age. 0 to 6yrs at R75 per meal. 7 to 13yrs at half of the adult price. Above 13 at full adult rate.
Festive season minimum stay
- Please note that we have adjusted our 2-night minimum stay requirement to fall over the Festive Period only, as below:
- We have a two-night minimum stay requirement from the 22nd December to the 10th January each year. Please note that we do need to hold to it, as it both enhances guest experience and eases pressure over an incredibly busy time.
- We are able to offer a guide room at 50% of Luxury Room Rack Rates, except during December, January, February and March.
- During peak season, December through March, we are able to offer a guide room at our usual Single Room Rates.
- If more reasonable rates are required, we are able to recommend a number of lovely local B&B’s, some even within walking distance.
- We’re happy to hold provisional bookings for a maximum of 2 weeks, unless out of season or very far in advance, then we’re negotiable.
- Please note that we shall never release a booking unless we have received written request to do so. If we do not receive written request to release, the responsibility falls to the agent to cover the cost of the booking.
- We have 11 rooms in total:
- 8 x Luxury Rooms which are identical in décor & facilities except for unique antique cupboards & dressers. 2 of these Luxury Rooms are interleading through the balcony and are ideal for families with older children or groups of friends travelling together.
- 1 x Honeymoon Suite which is private, larger & more romantic.
- 2 x Family Rooms which are also more private & separate from other guests.
- These are made up of one Family Cottage with a loft area for up to 2 children and one 2-bedroomed Family Suite for up to 4 children.
- The Honeymoon Suite is at the opposite end of the property to the Family Rooms.
- All rooms are fitted with tea/coffee stations, refrigerators, aircon, satellite TV, electronic safes, underfloor heating & heated towel rails in the bathrooms.
- All rooms have wood-burning fireplaces except the Family Cottage and Family Suite.
- Pure goose down bedding, 100% cotton embroidered linen, embroidered gowns, slippers & pure wool carpets add to the luxury.
- We have consistently been awarded 5-star Country House status from 2011 to 2019 by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
- Smoking is not permitted in the rooms or the manor house, but ashtrays are provided on the patios.
- We accept all major credit cards at no additional charge.
Updated February 2019